Secure your site with HTTPS
Protect your site and your users
What is HTTPS?
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between the user’s computer and the site. Users expect a secure and private online experience when using a website.
We encourage you to adopt HTTPS in order to protect your users’ connection to your website, regardless of the content on the site.
Data sent using HTTPS is secured via Transport Layer Security protocol (TLS), which provides three key layers of protection:
- Encryption—encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from eavesdroppers. That means that while the user is browsing a website, nobody can “listen” to their conversations, track their activities across multiple pages, or steal their information.
- Data integrity—data cannot be modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
- Authentication—proves that your users communicate with the intended website. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks and builds user trust, which translates into other business benefits.
READ AN ARTICLE FROM THE GOOGLE SECURITY BLOG
ADD AN SSL CERTIFICATE TO YOUR SITE
– shows your visitors you are safe for browsing
– adds an additional layer of protection
– Google LOVES this and gives you BONUS points
– just $49/year